If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages. In these situations, it’s crucial to have a skilled and experienced Spring Hill personal injury lawyer on your side to help protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
You Have a Right to Compensation for Your Accident-Related Injuries
Florida state law gives an individual the right to seek compensation for the damages resulting from the negligent acts of another individual or entity. These damages can include:
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Loss of income, loss of earning power, or loss of employment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Disfigurement and amputation
- Property damage
You can obtain compensation for your injury-related damages by filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party and their insurance company.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Rivas Law Group Handles
Spring Hill personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas and the Rivas Law Group are here to protect your rights and ensure you receive the total compensation you deserve for your accident-related injuries. For nearly 20 years, Tania Rivas has been successfully representing clients injured in a wide range of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Big truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective consumer products
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Cycling accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Negligent security accidents
Families who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another may also be able to seek compensation for funeral expenses, lost income, and other losses by filing a wrongful death claim.
How Can a Spring Hill Personal Injury Lawyer Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve?
The sooner you consult with an experienced Spring Hill accident attorney, the better. Pursuing a personal injury claim in Florida can be challenging, especially if you aren’t familiar with the legal process and Florida state law. To prevail, you’ll have to be able to prove that:
- You were involved in an accident.
- The accident was caused by the negligent acts of an individual or entity.
- You suffered injuries as a result of this accident.
- You suffered losses (damages) as a result of your accident-related injuries.
A personal injury lawyer can help you at every step of the personal injury claim process:
- Case evaluation – A personal injury attorney can evaluate the details of your accident to determine if you have a valid case and advise you on your legal options.
- Investigating and Evidence Collection – An experienced accident attorney will have the resources to fully investigate the incident and collect the evidence (police reports, medical reports, eyewitness accounts, expert testimony, etc.) you’ll need to support your claim.
- Compensation – Your attorney can help you determine how much your damages are worth.
- Filing Your Claim – They will be able to file your claim, send demand letters, and perform other administrative duties.
- Negotiations with Insurers – Attorneys use the evidence they collect to negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The more evidence you have to support your claim, the better your chances of collecting the total compensation for your injuries. A skilled attorney can level the playing field against insurance companies.
- Settlement or Trial – The majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court without going to trial. If the insurance company refuses to settle, your lawyer will be ready to argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Frequently Asked Questions About Perssonal Injury Claims
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Florida?
Florida state law gives you two years from the date of your accident or the date you became aware of your accident injuries in which to file a personal injury claim. If you wait longer, the courts will refuse to hear your case. In addition, the sooner you hire a lawyer and file your claim, the easier it is to collect the evidence that will be crucial to your case.
What if I can’t afford legal fees after a Spring Hill personal injury accident?
Like most Spring Hill personal injury lawyers, Tania Rivas works on a contingency basis. She doesn’t charge her clients any retainers or upfront fees. Instead, Tania collects her fee as part of your final settlement. She only gets paid if she wins your case.
How is negligence determined in personal injury cases?
Under Florida law, we all have a legal obligation to act reasonably to prevent foreseeable harm to others. Negligence occurs when we fail in this obligation, and a person suffers harm or damage as a result. In a personal injury claim, negligence is established based on the “greater weight of the evidence,” which means that the evidence presented in the case must show that it is more likely than not that the claim being made is true.
Speak to a Spring Hill Personal Injury Attorney About Your Case
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Spring Hill, it’s essential to take immediate steps to protect your rights. Get in touch with Rivas Law Group as soon as possible after your accident.
At Rivas Law Group, our goal is to maximize the compensation you recover for your injuries. Spring Hill personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas has recovered millions in settlements for her clients, including a $1.4M settlement for a client who suffered spinal injuries and traumatic brain injuries after being rear-ended by a dump truck and a $315,000 settlement for a client injured in a slip and fall accident in a grocery store.
Call Rivas Law Group today at (877) 299-5539 to schedule a free initial consultation with Spring Hill personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas.