If you’ve been injured in an accident in Clearwater, FL, answer these four questions:
- Was your accident caused by the careless, negligent act of a person or business entity?
- Have you suffered physical, emotional, or financial damages (losses) as a result of your accident-related injuries?
- Do you require compensation to recover from your damages?
- Has the at-fault party’s insurance company offered you a settlement that doesn’t cover the full costs of your damages?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should speak with a Clearwater, FL personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Florida state law gives you the right to seek compensation for the damages stemming from an accident that happened due to the negligence of another. The sooner you take action to protect your rights, the better your chances of collecting the full compensation for your accident-related damages.
Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Tania Rivas Tackles a Wide Range of Personal Injury Claims
Clearwater personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas and Rivas Law Group are here to help protect your rights after an accident. Tania has successfully represented clients in a wide range of local personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Negligent security injuries
- Wrongful death
- Uber and Rideshare accidents
Rivas Law Group is dedicated to helping you recover the total compensation you are due for the pain, suffering, and economic losses stemming from your accident. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in settlements for our clients.
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
You aren’t legally required to hire a lawyer to represent your case. However, we recommend that you do in most cases. Those who hire a Clearwater, FL personal injury lawyer to represent their accident claims overwhelmingly experience better outcomes than those who don’t. They can help you:
- File your claim;
- Gather the evidence you’ll need to establish your claim;
- Avoid the mistakes that could reduce the amount of compensation you’ll be able to receive;
- Identify and assign a dollar amount to your damages;
- Negotiate a fair and satisfactory settlement with the insurance company; and
- Represent your case in court, if necessary. (Most cases are settled out of court.)
There are a lot of personal injury lawyers in Clearwater, FL. How do you choose the one that’s best for your situation? Here are some factors to consider when hiring a personal injury attorney:
- Experience and expertise. The lawyer you consider should have extensive experience in cases similar to yours. They should possess the expertise and resources to successfully pursue your personal injury claim.
- Track record. An attorney’s track record is a good indicator of their skill, expertise, and dedication to their client’s case.
- Referrals, reviews, and client testimonials. Referrals from friends, co-workers, and family members as well as reviews and testimonials from former clients can help you gauge a lawyer’s skills, dedication, and overall performance.
- Communication skills. Communication is important between the client and the lawyer. The lawyer you select should be able to answer your legal questions and address your concerns, all in a timely manner.
Compensation in Personal Injury Cases
The purpose of a personal injury claim is to recover compensation for the damages caused by the at-fault party’s negligence. There are three types of damages available in a Florida personal injury case: economic damages, non-economic or special damages, and very rarely punitive damages.
- Economic damages are damages related to medical expenses, lost wages, loss of employment, and other damages with specific monetary value.
- Non-economic damages include pain, suffering, mental anguish, and other damages that can be difficult to assign a dollar amount to
- Punitive damages are awarded in cases where the victim can prove that the at-fault party acted with gross negligence, maliciousness, or fraud.
How much you can recover in compensation depends on several factors, including your degree of fault for the accident and the expertise of your lawyer.
Why Choose Rivas Law Group?
Clearwater, FL personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas has been fighting for Florida accident victims for almost 20 years. Rivas Law Group provides personalized and compassionate legal services to accident victims throughout the Central Florida area.
Tania has an impressive track record that includes a $1.4 million settlement for a client who suffered spinal injuries and traumatic brain injuries in a rear-end accident and an $850,000 settlement for the family of a pedestrian struck and killed by a motorist. Her personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront fees for legal services — she collects her fees as a (prearranged) percentage of your cash settlement. You only pay if you win!
Contact Rivas Law Group online or call us at (877) 299-5539 to schedule a free initial consultation with leading Clearwater, FL accident attorney Tania Rivas.