If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Central Florida that was caused by the negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages resulting from your accident-related injuries. Central Florida auto accident attorney Tania Rivas of Rivas Law Group is here to help you obtain this compensation.
As Central Florida’s population continues to grow, so does the number of vehicles on the road. This makes your chances of being hurt in a car accident all the more real. According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website, there were just over 390,000 car accidents in Florida in 2022. These accidents resulted in 248,724 injuries and 3,434 casualties.
Auto accidents in Central Florida happen for a number of reasons. These include:
- Poor road conditions
- Adverse weather events
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Defective auto parts
Human error is one of the leading causes of Central Florida auto accidents. A few of the negligent actions that can result in a car accident in Central Florida includes:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Racing and reckless driving
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
Attorney Rivas has secured millions of dollars in settlements for clients injured in a wide range of Central Florida car accidents, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side impact collisions
- Roll-over accidents
- Big truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- DUI accidents
- Road debris accidents
Accident victims often suffer serious, sometimes fatal injuries, such as:
- Lacerations and bruises
- Bone fractures
- Deep cuts
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Car accident injuries can turn a victim’s life upside down. There are all kinds of financial, physical, and emotional damages an accident victim can experience as a result of their injuries, such as:
- Current medical expenses
- Ongoing and anticipated medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of employment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
In addition to personal injury, Central Florida auto accidents can also result in substantial property damage to your vehicle, other vehicles involved in the accident, and any personal property inside your car at the time of the accident.
If you’ve been injured in a Central Florida auto accident that happened because of the negligence of another driver, Florida state law gives you the right to seek compensation for the damages caused by your injuries. However, you need to take immediate steps after your accident in order to protect these rights:
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident. This is a crime and could also impact your ability to claim compensation for your damages.
- Contact the police. The police report will provide crucial evidence for any personal injury claim.
- Exchange information (name, phone, driver’s license numbers, insurance info, etc.) with the other drivers involved in the accident.
- Collect evidence from the accident scene. This includes pictures, videos, and the names and contact info of any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you were injured in the accident
- Contact an experienced Central Florida car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
Motorists in Florida are required to carry an auto insurance policy with a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) and $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL) coverage. Your PIP policy will cover your medical bills and other personal injury-related damages (up to your policy limit) regardless of who was at fault in your accident.
The problem is, your PIP may not be enough to cover the full costs of your accident-related injuries. What do you do when you suffered $100,000 worth of damages and your PIP only covers $10,000 of the cost? The answer: file a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
An experienced Central Florida personal injury attorney like Tania Rivas can help you in many ways after your accident:
- Legal Advice – Tania can provide sound legal advice regarding your rights and options after a car accident, including the potential value of your claim and how to avoid mistakes that could impact the amount of compensation you’ll be able to collect.
- Investigating Your Claim – Tania has the resources and experience to fully investigate your claim and gather the evidence (medical records, police reports, expert testimony, etc.) that will be necessary to support your claim.
- Assigning a Dollar Value to Your Claim – Tania can help you identify your total damages and assign an adequate dollar value that takes into account all your accident-related damages.
- Negotiating With the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company – Tania will aggressively negotiate your claim to ensure you get the total compensation you are due for your damages.
- Representing Your Case in Court – If the insurance company isn’t willing to settle, then Tania is ready and able to take your case to court. (The vast majority of Central Florida auto accident claims are settled out of court.)
Rivas Law Group accepts personal injury cases on a contingency basis. This means there are no upfront costs for our representation and we only charge a fee when we win your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, don’t put off seeking legal help. Contact Rivas Law Group online or call us at (877) 299-5539 as soon as possible after your accident to schedule a free initial consultation with Central Florida auto accident attorney Tania Rivas.