Every day, countless vehicles traverse the roads of Bradenton, with most journeys concluding safely. However, in an unforeseen moment, a routine drive can turn tragic, resulting in injuries, damages, and a whirlwind of legal complexities. When faced with such adversity, having the right advocate by your side can make all the difference.
Rivas Law Group stands as a beacon of hope and expertise for those embroiled in the aftermath of a vehicular mishap. As your trusted Bradenton car accident attorney, we are committed to guiding you every step of the way, ensuring that justice is served and that you are adequately compensated for your pain, losses, and trauma.
The Importance of Experienced Legal Representation After a Car Accident
Pursuing a personal injury claim is rarely a simple process. You’ll need someone who can help you navigate the complex legal issues related to insurance policies, multiple parties, liability, and varying accounts of events. A personal injury lawyer will be able to assemble the evidence needed to support your claim and know how to use it when negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company. They’ll also help you avoid the mistakes that could reduce the amount of money you receive for your injuries.
The insurance companies employ several tactics to avoid paying the full amount for your damages. Their offers rarely cover the full costs of a person’s injuries. A skilled attorney will ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and economic losses. This includes any anticipated expenses pertaining to ongoing medical treatment, long-term care, permanent lifestyle changes, or loss of earning potential.
Finally, a personal injury attorney can provide you with the emotional and legal support you need to get through this trying time. You’ll be able to focus on recovery without having to worry about your medical expenses, lost wages, etc.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
Rivas Law Group has extensive experience representing clients injured in a wide range of Bradenton car accidents. Some of the auto accident cases we handle include:
- Rear-End Collisions: Probably the most common type of car accident in Bradenton. The force of impact from a rear-end collision can cause traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, as well as injuries to the head, neck, face, and back muscles.
- Head-On Collisions: Head-on collisions can be the most devastating kind of accident. Even head-on collisions at low speeds can result in severe, even catastrophic injuries.
- Side-Impact/T-Bone Accidents: These types of accidents are hazardous since the side sections of an automobile aren’t as reinforced against collision as the front and rear parts. In addition, side-swipe accidents can force a car off the road or into the path of oncoming traffic.
- Hit-and-Runs: These types of accidents present special challenges. A Bradenton car accident attorney can help you review your options after a hit-and-run accident and suggest ways to move forward with a personal injury claim for a hit-and-run accident.
- Distracted Driving Accidents: There are many types of distracted driving; all can result in serious accidents. Florida’s motor laws prohibit distracted driving. It’s important to hold distracted drivers fully liable for their role in distracted driving accidents.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: DUI accidents often result in serious accidents. Drivers responsible for DUI accidents can face criminal charges in addition to personal injury claims.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Bradenton
The actions you take immediately following an accident will have a big impact on the outcome of any personal injury claim. Here’s what you need to do after a car accident in Bradenton to ensure you don’t hurt your chances to collect the full compensation for your injuries:
- Take steps to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Exchange personal information and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Call local law enforcement and get an accident report. In Florida, any accident that involves personal injury must be reported to the police. Their report will form the foundation of your personal injury claim. Without a police report, you may have difficulty proving that your accident ever took place!
- If possible collect evidence (photos, names, and contact info of witnesses, etc.) from the accident scene. This evidence will help support your personal injury claim.
- Seek medical treatment for yourself, even if you’re uncertain you were hurt. The symptoms of some accident injuries can take days to manifest themselves.
- Refrain from discussing the accident. Don’t admit fault and don’t tell people that you feel “fine” after an accident. These kinds of careless comments can be used against you when you seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
- Consult with a Bradenton Car Accident Attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
To recover the total compensation you deserve for your injuries, it’s important to know what damages you can claim. A Bradenton car accident attorney can help you identify and assign an accurate dollar to your accident injuries. Some of the compensation you may be entitled to for your Bradenton car accident injuries include:
- Medical Bills: You are entitled to compensation for all your medical bills — not just your current expenses but also those related to anticipated medical treatment and care.
- Lost Wages: This is compensation for missed work due to your injuries. You can also receive compensation for loss of employment if you lose your job or loss of earning capacity if your injuries force you to accept a lower-paying job.
- Property Damage: You can claim reimbursement for damage to your vehicle and other personal property.
- Pain and Suffering: It can be difficult to assign value to intangible damages like pain and suffering. Your attorney can help you determine the costs of these damages, based on what others with similar damages have received.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bradenton Car Accident Claims
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit in Bradenton?
Florida state law gives you two years from the date of your accident or the date when you became aware of your accident injuries in which to file a car accident lawsuit. If you wait longer than that, the courts will probably refuse to hear your case.
What if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured?
There may be options for collecting compensation in cases involving uninsured or underinsured drivers. You may have to file a claim with your insurance company or file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver. In some instances, you may also be able to seek compensation from a third party that shares liability for your accident.
Do I need an attorney for a minor car accident?
If you didn’t receive any injuries, the property damage is minor, and everyone involved is properly insured, you may not need an attorney. It’s a good idea to consult with an attorney before you take this route — you may deserve more compensation than you think for your “minor” accident.
How does Rivas Law Group determine its fees?
Bradenton auto accident attorney Tania Rivas works on a contingency basis. This means there are no retainers or other upfront fees if she decides to accept your case. Tania collects a percentage of your final compensation as payment for her services. If you don’t win, you don’t pay.
Consult With an Experienced Bradenton Car Accident Attorney
Recovering from a Bradenton car accident can be a challenging experience. You deserve a trusted partner who will stand by your side, advocate for your rights, and ensure you receive the rightful compensation you deserve. Rivas Law Group is here to help you at every step of the personal injury claim process. Tania’s legal expertise and commitment to her client’s well-being have allowed her to recover millions in cash settlements for her clients.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Bradenton, let the experienced team at Rivas Law Group guide you. Contact us today for a detailed consultation, and ensure your rights and interests are at the forefront. You can reach us online or call us at (877) 299-5539 to schedule a free consultation with Bradenton personal injury lawyer Tania Rivas.