Many slip, trip and fall accidents in Lutz occur because a property owner or manager is negligent in their “duty of care” to keep guests and visitors safe while on their property. These types of accidents can result in serious, even life-threatening injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip, trip or fall accident on property that belongs to someone else, Florida’s premises liability laws allow you to seek compensation from the negligent property owner for the damages resulting from your accident.
Lutz slip and fall attorney Tania Rivas and the Rivas Law Group have successfully represented clients in Lutz and other central Florida communities injured because of property owner negligence. Our extensive knowledge of Florida’s premises liability laws and experience establishing proof of negligence in premise liability claims allow us to effectively pursue your case and deliver a satisfactory settlement. We know the pain, suffering and financial losses a victim can endure after a serious accident, which is why we fight so hard to obtain the justice our clients deserve.
Common Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Lutz
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere at any time. Common causes of slip, trips and falls include:
- Dangerous conditions – wet floors, wet sidewalks, poor lighting, dirty or cluttered floors, fallen merchandise, improperly placed product displays, loose cords, cables or wires, unsecured rugs or carpets, etc.
- Inadequate maintenance – poorly maintained entry ways, loose or missing handrails, broken steps, etc.
- Defective construction – uneven surfaces, water penetration, cracked slabs, heaving sidewalks, ponding, etc.
- These types of accidents can result in serious injuries such as bone fractures, spinal injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
Property Owners’ Duty of Care
Property owners in Florida, have a “duty of care” to protect visitors and guests from harm while on their premises. When they fail to do so and you are injured as a result, you have the right to seek to compensation for your injuries through a premises liability lawsuit. In order to collect a settlement in a premises liability lawsuit, you must be able to prove that:
- The property is owned by the defendant.
- The defendant knew or should have known about the dangerous conditions on their property.
- The defendant was negligent in fixing the problem or providing adequate warning about the dangerous condition.
- Your injuries resulted from the property owner’s negligence.
Collecting the necessary evidence to establish proof of the property owner’s negligence is critical to the success of a slip and fall injury claim. This evidence will be used to negotiate with the insurance companies. If negotiations don’t produce the desired results, you can take your case to trial.
Speak with a Lutz Slip and Fall Attorney Today
Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe for visitors, guests, customers and tenants. Florida’s premises liability laws give people who are seriously injured in slip and fall accidents the means to recover the economic losses they’ve suffered as a result of their injuries, including medical bills, lost wages and more.
If you have been injured in a slip, trip or fall accident, don’t put off seeking legal help. Experienced Lutz slip and fall attorney Tania Rivas and the Rivas Law Group have obtained favorable outcomes in a wide variety of premises liability cases. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled personal injury attorney. We will examine the facts in your case, answer any questions you might have, and provide professional advice on the best way to move forward with your claim.
We handle our slip and fall cases on a contingency basis, which means there aren’t any up-front costs to you if we accept your case and we only get paid when we win your case.